Nanakramguda, Hyderabad 500008
14 years of work experience in various aspects of social development. I enjoy working with people to understand and assess their needs, and help them to integrate into the society as responsible, independent individuals. I have the ability to understand the complexity of human relationships in a multi-cultural society which calls for support at different levels. I am capable of dealing with people with complex issues and needs. I have constantly strived to consolidate my experience and further it with on-going training. My own life experiences, the learning’s from work place, with ongoing training has made me an able, empathetic person. I take pride in my achievements, abilities, core values and work ethics. I strongly believe in the common goodness of people in general and that the right kind of support at the right time can make all the difference in people’s lives. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step- Lao Tzu”
In my role as a Case Manager, Work and Income, NZ (Ministry of Social Development)I was required to meet clients from different cultures to assess their needs, understand their priorities and help them to become financially independent, emotionally stable individuals who can integrate and contribute to the development of the society in the long run. In this role I was required to take a holistic approach to the client’s needs and look at not only the legal entitlements for financial support, but also provide counseling to the client to motivate, give support and advice and help the client to become independent.
I worked as an in-house trainer/facilitator for several years at Work and Income NZ (Ministry of Social Development). In this role I was required to use my communication skills to tailor the information, suitable to the audience. My role as a trainer included conducting awareness work shop for job seekers regarding various aspects of labor market requirements including how to write a good CV to how to prepare for a job interview. I also conducted ongoing training for the new recruits of the department. I am an operational thinker and have the ability to simplify complex issues for my clients through clear communication. I am confident while dealing with people at all levels, clients, colleagues and external agencies.
As an in-house auditor (Quality Advisor), at the National Office of Work and Income NZ,(Ministry of Social Development), I was required to audit the applications for financial support processed by Case Managers at different service centers across NZ, give feedback to the Service center Trainers and Regional Operations Managers regarding the performance of the Case Managers. I was also required to assess the training needs for Case Managers and conduct training to the regional training managers.
Relationship Management and Networking:
I have the ability to identify and assess needs, develop internal and external networks that can add value and provide opportunities to clients.
I have worked in different work environments, big and small teams and fit in well in any environment. I have good organizational and time management skills which makes me an effective team player. I understand and appreciate how my own behavior impacts upon others and I take responsibility for my own work load.
Current: Center Administrator-
Organization: Bharosa-Support Center for Women &Children, Hyderabad (India)
· Day to day administration of the center, including HR, Finance, reporting, liaising with external stakeholders etc.
· Facilitating and providing support to women affected by violence through case management.
· Coordinate police and prosecution procedures, medical evidence collection in accordance with relevant legislative procedures
· Liaise with shelter homes to ensure safe living conditions for victims where necessary.
· Provide psychological counselling for victims to support them through the legal proceedings and motivate them for further rehabilitation.
· Liaise with rehabilitation services such as training providers, schools, colleges, employment agencies to coordinate rehabilitation for victims.
· Represent Bharosa in meetings with other NGOs, stakeholders such as Child Welfare Committee, Legal services authority, Hospitals etc to discuss policies, procedures relating to violence against women especially with regard to sexual abuse.
· Provide day to day reports on the number of abuse cases reported to Additional Commissioner of Police.
· Collect data in a systematic manner for the purposes of research and analysis.
· Plan and implement awareness programs regarding violence against women and children, especially sexual abuse.
Organization: Ministry of Social Development- Work and Income, New Zealand
Title In-house Trainer/ Quality Advisor
§ Conduct induction training for newly recruited Case Managers
§ Check applications processed by Case managers for accuracy of payments for internal audit purposes.
§ Provide feedback to Case Managers regarding any errors in the processing.
§ Follow up with Case Managers to ensure errors are fixed and clients are paid their full and correct entitlements.
§ Conduct Training for trainers in any new changes in policies of the department, new processing methods, technology and any other aspect of training.
§ Prepare and provide monthly performance reports to regional operations managers and advice of any training needs for the staff to improve service center KPIs
§ Prepare individual reports of performance for case managers for their performance appraisals
§ Take part in any training programs as conducted by Work and Income
Organization: Work and Income – Ministry of Social Development, New Zealand
Title Case Manager
· Meet clients to assess their legal entitlements to financial support from Work and Income
· Provide information about other assistances available to them like training opportunities, employment opportunities
· Match clients to suitable employment opportunities
· Based on clients’ needs, conduct family group conferences, refer them to other services like family violence intervention program,
Child, Youth and Family services.
· Work in collaboration with other agencies like Study link (Student support), Child Youth and Family, Ministry of Justice- Corrections department, Police Department, health care providers, to provide support to the client and help them integrate into the society with confidence.
Diploma in Counselling (Australian Institute of Practicing Counselors) currently pursuing
Train the Trainer (American TESOL)
National Certificate in Public Sector Knowledge.
National Certificate in Call Centre Operations.
Bachelor of Law- University of Pune (India)
Attended training of mentorship for
career counselling in Mumbai