The rapid improvements seen in computer technology are largely due to the work of computer hardware engineers. The responsibilities of a computer hardware engineer may include designing and testing new keyboards, computer chips or printers or overseeing the manufacturing of these types of items. A computer hardware engineer usually works indoors in a typical office or laboratory and has a traditional 40-hour work week
A 4-year degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering or a related field is required for most jobs in computer hardware engineering; however, a master's degree may be necessary for some specialties, supervisory or high-ranking positions with cutting-edge companies. Coursework for the student computer hardware engineer will cover such topics as engineering electronics, electric circuits, computer design and statistics for engineers.
Those with successful careers in computer hardware engineering are usually creative, analytically-minded and detail-oriented people who enjoy being part of a team. Because computer hardware engineers must relate with people from a variety of fields, good interpersonal skills are also important.
A Computer Hardware Designer earns an average salary of Rs 172,760 per year. Most people with this job move on to other positions after 20 years in this field.
• NID - National Institute of Design- Banglore
• Symbiosis International University - Pune
• SNDT Women's University
• Sophia Shree BK Somani Polytechnic
• IIT - Indian Institute of Technology (Instrument Design & Development Centre) Delhi
• IIT - Indian Institute of Technology (Industrial Design Centre) Mumbai
• IIT - Indian Institute of Technology (Department of Design) Guwahati
• IIT - Indian Institute of Technology (Design Programme) Kanpur
• IISc - Indian Institute of Science - Banglore