Stunt performers are the backbone of Hollywood. They have to be tough, fit, and fearless. They are the ones who risk their lives to make sure that the actors are safe on set.
The stunt performer's job is to create a sense of danger for the actor, which will make them look good when they're not in any real danger.
Stunt performers need to be strong and agile as well as being able to think quickly and creatively on their feet. They also have to be able to work well with others in a team environment, which is why many stunt performers train in gymnastics or other sports at an early age.
Becoming a stunt performer in India can be a challenging and risky career path. To become a stunt performer in India, you can follow the steps outlined below:
1. Acquire Physical Fitness: You will need to be physically fit and healthy to become a stunt performer. You should exercise regularly, build strength, and maintain a healthy diet.
2. Gain Experience: You can gain experience by working as a background artist or extra in movies and TV shows. This will help you develop a better understanding of the entertainment industry and the demands of being on set.
3. Join a Stunt School: Joining a stunt school can help you learn the skills and techniques required to become a stunt performer. Some popular stunt schools in India include the Indian Stunt School in Mumbai, the Indian Academy of Stunts and Action in Chennai, and the Maa Ambey Stunt Academy in Delhi.
4. Learn Martial Arts: Learning martial arts can be an added advantage as it can help you learn self-defense and stunt fighting techniques. It can also make you a more attractive candidate for stunt performer roles.
5. Build a Portfolio: You should build a portfolio of your work, including videos and photos of your stunts and performances. This will help you showcase your skills and experience to potential employers.
6. Get Certified: You can get certified as a stunt performer by the Indian Film Industry Stunt Association (IFISA). The IFISA provides training, certification, and insurance for stunt performers.
7. Look for Job Positions: You can look for job positions through casting agencies, talent agencies, or by directly contacting production companies. You should be prepared to audition for the roles and demonstrate your skills.
In summary, to become a stunt performer in India, you need to acquire physical fitness, gain experience, join a stunt school, learn martial arts, build a portfolio of your work, get certified by the Indian Film Industry Stunt Association (IFISA), and look for job positions through casting agencies, talent agencies, or production companies.
Choosing a career should be a meticulous process. Take a Career Assessment Test to check your suitability for Stunt Performer
Click here to choose a plan
Check if your skills are appropriate for Stunt Performer. There is scope and opportunity in every career, if it matches your Interest, personality and aptitude.
We follow a top to bottom approach. Our career counselors in the face to face counseling session would first discuss whether Stunt Performer is a suitable career option for the student/child or not. If the reports shows that child does have the aptitude, personality and interest required for this particular career, then the counselor will guide him/her about the scope, job opportunities for Stunt Performer and also help with the entrance exams, colleges, courses, private tutors etc for this career.