Following could be the Education Careerpath :
1) BSc Microbiology, Food Production and Food Processing, etc or B.H.Sc, with Specialization:Applied Nutrition.
2) Post graduation in Dietetics and Hospital Food Service or other specializations eg. Post graduation certificate in Diabetes Education.
3) Become a Registered Dietitian from the Indian Dietetic Association with an Internship in Hospital.
â€‹Nutritionist/Dietitians work in Hospitals, Freelance Nutrition Therapist / Nutritionist, Fitness Centres, Content and Research (Consultant) and F & B Companies with the following Job Resposibilities :
- Planning effective diet according to the clients need.
- Closely monitoring all the slimming clients’ progress in the centre.
- Responsible for revenue generation of slimming department.
- Managing customer relationships.
- Orientation of all new slimming staff recruited in the centre.
- Indirect marketing of high Nutrition products by conducting Nutrition programmes at Schools.
- Handling all the diet related queries of all school students.
- Have expertise in preventive care as well as disease management programs.
- Training the trainers: - Trained empanelled nutritionists on how to conduct various health and nutrition programs.
- Planning diets and counselling obese individuals, diabetics, cardiac patients, underweight individuals etc. (face to face as well as telephonic sessions)
- Conducting nutrition awareness seminars and health talks in Companies.
- Working as a nutrition expert for Online Companies for answering queries related to health and nutrition.
- Diet Consultation at Health Clinics.
- Conducting health camps in renowned organizations.
- Health coaching: - provided health coaching to company employees after complete health assessment.
- Handling Dietetics Dept. and F and B Dept of a Company. (Working as the HOD).
- Planning diets for the admitted patients. Checked the diets planned by the junior dietician before prescription.
- Daily ward and ICU rounds. Individual discharge diet counseling to patients, planning of R.T. feeds and all the other therapeutic diets.
- Prescribing diets to health check up patients and also to OPD patients.
- Conducting seminars and health talks.
- Managing Staff.
- Planning menus for patients and hospital staff and checking quality assurance in the dept.
- Carrying out intra departmental clinical audits.
- Provide medical nutrition therapy to patients.
- Provide dietary consultations to inpatients and outpatients, especially paediatrics.
- Co-ordinate between Doctors, Patients, their families and nurses.
- Undertake training of student dieticians doing internship.
- Administer the smooth functioning of department in the absence of department head.
- Conduct group education for health workers, patients & other hospital staff.
- Diet Planning, Explaining and Counselling the patients and clients.
- Diet planning included weight loss, weight gain diets, and also therapeutic diets for renal diseases, cardiac diseases, diabetes, cancer etc.
- Checking blood parameters at regular intervals and changing the diets accordingly. Prescribing nutritional supplements if needed etc.
- Handling long distance clients through email and phone counseling.
Ward, ICU and ICCU rounds, Handling OPD Patients, Counseling, and Therapeutic Diet Planning.
Counseling the parents of pediatric patients about good nutrition and better health for their children. (Health Camp)
Planning diets for the members of a gym. Planning and counselling weight loss (fat loss) diets, weight gain diets, therapeutic diets (for members with diabetes, dyslipidemia, Hypertension etc.)
Nutrition and diabetes education consultation to patients enrolled onto Healthcare Magazines, Websites, etc.
Counseling on lifestyle modification and nutrition focusing on prevention and management of obesity and metabolic disorder.
Conduct corporate health risk assessment workshops, lectures & events across India.
Responsible for business development and project development.
Nutrition Service/Product Devt. : - Article writing for company websites and newsletters, developed power point presentations and develop several other products related health and nutrition.
Provide content for CCC & DCC (Educational, Scientific & Promotional, etc).
Develop, implement and maintain a corporate Social Media strategy with Facebook, Twitter, Blogs and Newsletters. Conduct training and take lectures for the junior staff.
Develop patient communication material and medical condition guidelines.
Create successful email marketing campaigns.
Conduct lectures for interns and college students.