How to Apply
Candidates can follow these simple steps to apply online for JEE:
- Visit the official website of JEE Main.
- Click on the link “Apply for JEE Main 2017”.
- Fill the required details such as exam related details, personal, mailing, academic and guardian details, etc.
- Upload the scanned images one by one in the prescribed specifications.
- Go through the payment gateway section and pay the application fee through debit/credit card or e-challan of Canara/Syndicate/HDFC/ICICI Bank.
- Candidates are advised that after fee payment, take the printout of the confirmation page and keep it safe for further use.
How to Fill JEE Main Application Form 2017
Before filling the JEE Main 207 Application Form, one need to prepare or collect these documents:
- Valid Contact Number and Email ID
- Qualification and other personal details
- Payment details
- Photograph scanned with name and date mentioned below (image should be in JPEG format with size between 4 KB to 40 KB and image should be colored with clear background with 3.5 x 4.5 cm dimension).
- Scanned signature made by candidate on a white page within the 3.5 x 1.5 cm box size. Image should be in JPEG format with size between 1 KB to 30 KB.
The application form can be submitted by following steps:
Step-1: Online Registration
Visit Official Link: Follow the official link (link will be given here). Click on “Apply for JEE Main – 2017”. Read all instructions carefully, tick the check box and click on “Proceed to apply online”.
Enter Details: Fill state of eligibility, state, board name, year of passing, roll number (if allotted) and security pin and click on “Submit” button.
Step-2: Fill Details (Application Form)
Exam Related Details: Choose exam, mode of exam, exam centre and question paper medium.
Personal Details: Applicants name, Father’s name, Mother’s name, State of eligibility, category, PwD, DOB, Gender, Single girl case, Nationality, Place of residence and Aadhaar number (Optional).
Academic Details: Year of passing 10th class, Board name (12th), Name of qualifying exam passed/appeared, Place of 12th Class passed/appeared, year of passing/appearing (12th), Institution type, Roll No., Appearing in improvement, Preparation mode and name & address of the school where passed/appearing.
Mailing Address Details: Fill Address, Locality, City, District, State, Pin code, Email, Mobile No. and Land line Number.
Other Details: Choose guardian’s qualification, occupation and income. Choose password and security code. Enter security pin and click on “Next” button.
Final Submit: A review window will open, review the application form and click on “Final Submit” button.
Step-3: Upload Images
Click on the “Upload Scanned Images” section. Click on “Choose File” button to select images of signature and photograph. Click on the “Preview” button and upload images.
Step-4: Fee Payment
After uploading the images choose “Pay Examination Fee” option. Select your payment mode i.e. credit/debit card or e-challan.
In case of payment through card, candidates are required to enter their card details and pay the application fee.In case of payment through e-challan, students will be needed to generate the printout of the e-challan and take it to the nearest branch of the selected bank and make fee payment.
Step-5: Confirmation Page
After the successful payment of the examination fee, candidates will be eligible to take the printout of the confirmation page. Candidates are suggested to keep the printout for future references.